Daily Joy from Divine Caroline

Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 1: I Believe

Here is day one of the 30 day poetry challenge. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to use poetry as a tool for better mental and spiritual wellness.

It occurred to me that many people prefer journal writing instead of poetry. I do write in my journal from time to time, but I find that those entries tend to be self-absorbed and whiny. Those posts don't seem to do much for my mental state, but instead drag me down into the deep. Try both, and see which way works best for you.


I Believe

The world holds
many roads
that lead to
Rome.

I have held hands
with the devil
and went where
he left me.

In my dreams
I was still alone
reaching out
for the one.

Without leaving
I could never return
tasting bittersweet droplets
on my tongue.

No comments: