Daily Joy from Divine Caroline

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 2: Be Specific

This is a great writing prompt, and great wellness advice too. No matter what your goals, being specific is critical. How will you know when you've reached them, unless you specifically spelled out your goals in the beginning? Also, being specific in your relationships will help avoid unnecessary misunderstandings. Clarity in thought and purpose will keep your mind free of clutter.

Here's poem two: Empty Heaven's Entourage

I stood in the rain
molting droplets from
the surface of my earth worn skin
beneath the tatters of my ancient clothes.

I looked up
to the oblivious sky
pouring its fury
to the scattered lost
residents of the land below.

I never knew what alone meant
til I observed the icy urgent rain drops
exacting their revenge beneath
the clarity of their beings.

I turned my etched face down
avoiding the relentless rage
and resumed my walk
amongst the shiftless, aching souls
in their blue corduroy jeans
and soft pink tattered umbrellas.

Carrying little but their names
they trembled on
looking for the hope, once remaining
now lost beneath the shattered sky
of their hollowed blackened minds.

No comments: